Whether you’re an athlete competing on the field or a die-hard fan cheering from the stands, sports are the nation’s pastime. At Lindenwood University, you’ll discover how you can blend your passion for athletics with medical science by earning a Bachelor of Science degree in athletic training.
ABOUT ATHLETIC TRAINING
Athletic trainers are allied healthcare professionals who specialize in the prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, and therapeutic rehabilitation of athletic injuries and medical conditions. Athletic trainers work with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide athletes and patients with proven and effective sports medicine services. The athletic training program at Lindenwood University has been continually accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) since its inception in 2003.
Program mission and intended outcomes
EARNING A DEGREE IN ATHLETIC TRAINING AT LINDENWOOD UNIVERSITY
Lindenwood University offers a Bachelor of Science in athletic training, which involves a dynamic, blended learning experience with a strong course curriculum and diverse set of clinical rotations. Highlights of our specialized program include:
- Small athletic training class sizes (usually less than 15)
- Easy accessibility to faculty and staff, creating an environment that is proven to help students succeed
- Early student engagement in clinical rotations
- On-campus opportunities within one of the largest and most culturally diverse athletic departments in the nation
- Off-campus opportunities to learn and work alongside athletic trainers, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in professional, semi-professional, and youth athletic organizations; high schools; physical therapy clinics; and many more
The rigorous academic curriculum and diverse clinical rotations are invaluable to our program and our students. Our athletic training students will have their clinical skills evaluated on a continual basis, and with our extensive staff and clinical settings, students have unlimited opportunities to learn in authentic settings from some of the most well-trained and respected professionals in the field.
About Lindenwood University
Founded in 1827, Lindenwood is a dynamic four-year liberal arts institution dedicated to excellence in higher education. Our historic 500-acre campus is situated in the heart of St. Charles, Mo., a growing community of more than 65,000 just west of St. Louis.
We offer 131 degree programs to approximately 15,600 students a year through values-centered programs that lead to development of the whole person. Our faculty, staff, and administration are committed to an integrative liberal arts curriculum that focuses on the talents, interests, and future of our students. Lindenwood is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.