The Intern is responsible for conducting onsite health screens and assisting in the management of client’s onsite wellness programs. The Intern works independently in a fast-paced environment. The Intern is responsible for general office duties and provides immediate support to the Account Managers and Marketing Coordinator. Each Intern will be directly mentored by an Interra Health® team member.
Location: Brookfield, WI (Milwaukee)
Internship Timeline: Spring, Summer, and Fall
Approximately 32-40 hours per week throughout the duration of the internship. First-shift hours with variation (some early morning starts and some Saturdays). Some travel required (travel expenses covered).
• Conduct onsite health screens and consultations. This includes performing fingerstick blood tests, taking blood pressure, and measuring body fat percentage.
• Development of promotional materials, such as handouts, payroll stuffers, letters, flyers, etc.
• Organize and market Interra’s monthly healthy lunches
• Develop InHealth News™ and quizzes
• Enter data for Interra Health clients to include biometric data, participant points, and more
• Contribute to blog with posts on various wellness topics
• The opportunity to work in a one-on-one coaching setting with Interra Health team members and other job shadowing opportunities
• Execute other duties/projects assigned by Account Managers
-Junior or Senior status pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Health Promotion/Wellness, Community Health, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field
-Highly organized and proficient individual that can work quickly and with little direction
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
-Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Internet Explorer, and Outlook
-Ability to travel frequently with some overnight stays
-Valid Drivers License and Proof of Insurance required
-CPR/First Aid Certification
-Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and sit for extended periods of time
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have questions about this position, please contact Kristine Boivin at 414-755-4898 ext. 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention that you heard about your internship opportunity through PHFR.com.