Commercial health club, spa or fitness center
* Instruct classes by explaining technique of exercises along with modifications
* Developed exercise programs
* train individuals one on one
* promote worksite health
* supervise and monitor members in the fitness center
* develop home exercise programs for individuals
* research questions and concerns related to health, wellness, fitness, nutrition, etc. of POD exercise employees through use of internet, personal resources, library, etc.
* help develop incentive programs to help increase enrollment %
* develop incentive programs for members to increase their usage of the center
* develop motivational programs
* help clean and maintain the equipment
* help schedule and organize seminars and workshops related to health and wellness
* devise, organize, plan, implement and market one special project/program for employees
* make members feel welcome, keep them motivated, encourage them
* assure proper technique/form, etc.
* understand confidentiality and record keeping procedures
* know emergency procedures
Possibly paid internship
Certified Personal Trainer
Degree towards an exercise field is HIGHLY recommended.