We have an opening for a PRN Health Fitness Specialist to work at our employer health center located in Westwood, MA!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
• Provide “Best of Class” customer service to all Fitness Center members according to Premise Health Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards
• Provides exercise leadership expertise in the areas of supervised workouts, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions and group exercise instruction according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (fitness testing and exercise prescription), AFAA (for group exercise) and Premise Health Exercise Leadership, Fitness Floor Supervision, and Customer Service Standards
• Continuous upkeep of in-house facility duties as listed in the Premise Health Facility Appearance Policy and facility audit plan
• Assist Premise team in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans
• Assist the Health Fitness manager with monthly reporting statistics
• Ensure compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule and immediately report any facility or equipment issues
• Assist in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database/adherence program
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the site manager
• Partner with fitness team and related departments to provide optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client
• Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
• Execute safe and effective fitness services
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor’s degree in exercise related field
• Internship experience or < 1 year experience in the corporate health/fitness industry
• Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
• First Aid certification
• Demonstrated ability to teach group exercise classes and instruction on exercise floor.
• Basic computer literacy skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Business writing skills
• Thorough understanding of exercise physiology
• Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including:
o Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate
o Body composition using skin fold calipers
o Muscular strength and endurance testing
o Sub maximal cycle testing
• Certifications from recognized authority organization (e.g. ACSM, AFAA, etc)
• 1+ yrs in corporate fitness field