We have an opening for a Full-Time Wellness Coach - RN to work at our employer health center located in Atlanta, GA!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Works with employees one-on-one or in small groups to assist in meeting health and wellness goals related to weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, smoking cessation, work/life balance and general health. May coordinate and promote onsite wellness programs for the client’s employee population in a single contract.
• Provides direct assistance in setting health and wellness goals through one on one, and/or group sessions or interactions
• Creates documentation using electronic systems (i.e., EMR, charting or other specified program etc.) for each interaction
• May assist with the collection of biometric data such as height, weight, and demographic data, consent forms, etc. as related to measurement of progress towards employee goals
• May coordinate and conduct wellness programs in areas such as nutrition, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation, exercise and others
• Coach effectively face to face and by phone
• Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
• Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
• Promotes a culture of health and wellness through ongoing participation in client worksite meetings and projects, task forces, client-directed outreach, and committees
• May assist the Director of Client Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
• May participate in ongoing communication with the local clinic within a large contract
• Presents in an effective and professional manner
• May interact directly with the client or client representative
• Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
• Assists in training of other associates as directed and completes other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a healthcare setting
• Successful completion of Wellcoaches certification within one year of employment
• Intermediate skill with the Internet & applicable software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software particularly PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills in the English language
• Wellcoaches wellness coaching certification or a coaching certification from an ICF-accredited program preferred
• Masters in psychology, social work, counseling or a health related discipline OR equivalent experience working as a counselor, social worker, dietician or fitness professional
• Minimum 1 year experience working as a wellness coach
• Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties are desirable
• Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking
• RN license preferred
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.