We have an opening for a Part-Time Wellness Coordinator to work at our employer health center located in Charlotte, NC!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Assists in the execution of the client wellness program.
• Implements health and wellness programs and activities (i.e. workshops, stop-by-booths, self-guided programs, screenings, health fairs, etc.)
• Assists in the execution of the strategic wellness program plan to ensure that program goals are met, program outcomes are documented and demonstrated, and all client needs are fulfilled
• Assists in the implementation of the marketing and communication plan including e-mail messages, health articles and newsletters, online content and promotional materials such as displays, flyers and bulletin boards
• Provides periodic one-on-one client counseling and health education; directing participants to appropriate programs and services such as screenings, coaching, fitness, weight loss, etc
• Assists in partnering with internal and external stakeholders (benefits, safety, food services, health carriers, etc.) as appropriate
• Assists the Wellness Specialist Senior or Wellness Program Manager in tracking data, compiling information and generating reports
• Travel expectations for this position are approximately 20-25%.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor’s degree in health field including but not exclusive to: public health, allied health, exercise science, health promotion, etc
• 1-2 years working in corporate wellness/health promotion
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Web/Internet-based programs
• Ability to deliver and evaluate programs and services
• Strong verbal and written communication and marketing skills
• Strong presentation and time management skills
• Proficient in handling multiple tasks
• Membership in or certification from a recognized industry organization within the 1st year of employment
• Master’s degree in health field
• Certification from recognized industry organization (i.e. IAWHP, CHES, ACSM, AFAA)
• Advanced computer skills in database software such as Microsoft Access
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.