HealthFitness has a great opportunity for an experienced Program Manager at our client site in Schenectady, NY. In this position, you will be responsible for managing and directing all operational aspects of a single client program in accordance with HealthFitness protocols, ensuring the highest possible level of participation, results achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services to meet client, member and participant objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages all program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service standards.
· Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
· Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
· Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
· Directs the implementation of individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
· Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth.
· Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
· Leads regular individual and group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives and status.
· Conducts informal safety checks on a daily basis and performs routine safety audits on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in accordance with HealthFitness guidelines. Ensures staff receives proper training in company-wide and site-specific safety and accident prevention programs and procedures, emergency preparedness, and incident reporting and corrective action procedures.
· Manages all record and data management activities at the worksite, ensuring the proper storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with HealthFitness requirements.
· Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
· Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
· Work with other client vendors to integrate services.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required; 2+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the American Heart Association, American Safety & Health Institute or Red Cross is required.
· Personal Training requires industry certification (ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.)
· Group Exercise class instruction requires recognized industry certification.
· Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
· Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
· Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at