The Health Promotion Specialist is part of the Tulane University Campus Health team of committed professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting student health and wellbeing as a core institutional value through a multidisciplinary, comprehensive approach. The Health Promotion Specialist is housed within the Well for Health Promotion, and reports to an Assistant Director of The Well. The individual in this position is responsible for engaging in health promotion practices that promote and improve the health and well-being of individual students, student groups, and the campus communities.
The Health Promotion Specialist's responsibilities include to plan, implement, and evaluate theory- and evidence-informed health promotion processes, policies, strategies, and services at all levels of the socio-ecological model. This position works closely with the rest of The Well for Health Promotion team to facilitate strategic planning for the department's goals and objectives and to set and track the priorities of the department. The Health Promotion Specialist engages in strategies including outreach, peer educator training and development, workshop development, presentation and evaluation, and curriculum development. All processes and strategies are expected to be inclusive of a diverse population of students. This position will collaborate with key stakeholders on and off campus to develop a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to health and well-being for students. This position's focus is on a variety of health issues including, but not limited to, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, sexual health, sexual violence prevention, stress management, and sleep hygiene.
Located in the unique and iconic city of New Orleans, Tulane is a highly regarded and selective independent research university, a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), and offers undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine, and public health. Tulane University Campus Health is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and serves a student body of over 13,500.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging college health issues, environmental management/prevention strategies, health behavior change theories and ecological framework, and evidence' based practice.
- Oral and written communication skills that can contribute to effective collaboration with students/faculty/staff.
- High level of organizational skills and proven record of delivering quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage projects and deliver results.
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse community and provide services from a non-judgmental perspective.
- Ability to, in all services, ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable on current developments in the field of college health.
- Ability to provide exemplary care and customer service including maintaining confidentiality and being reliably available to students when they seek care or advice.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year experience in health promotion or related field
- High school diploma or equivalent with 7 years of directly related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Higher Education, or other health/education related field.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in health promotion planning, implementation and evaluation in higher education.
- Excellent computer skills. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and experience in desktop publishing and statistical software.
- CHES or CPH Certified
- Master's degree
How to Apply
This position will close on 04/30/2020
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at