Are you passionate about teaching water safety and developing strong swimmers? HealthFitness is looking for part-time (up to 15 hours per week) Water Safety Instructors at our client's hospital system wellness center located in Beaumont, TX. As the Water Safety Instructor, you will teach all students in a logical progression of aquatic development, including the basic knowledge and skills needed for safety in the water as well as advanced swimming techniques in all swimming strokes.
Here is what you will do in this position:
- Maintain safety of students at all times by administering and following aquatic center guidelines.
- Provide swim instruction based on a logical progression of aquatic development.
- Maintain neatness by returning all instructional items to designated storage spaces at the end of class.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork including class rosters, swim logs, daily lesson plans, attendance, and course completion cards.
- Deliver quality swim lessons by maximizing class time, and being in the water (depending on the class level).
- Instructors will be ready to begin 15 minutes before their class starts.
- Responsible for attending all in-services and meetings scheduled.
- May be asked to assist in LTS registration procedures.
- Assist in light maintenance of pool area and upkeep of pool house and locker rooms.
- May be asked to assist with special programs and fund raisers throughout the facility.
Here are the minimum qualifications of the position:
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate or 2-3 years of experience teaching swim lessons required.
- Must possess excellent swimming skills and be able to swim 500 meters using the 5 basic strokes.
- Current American Red Cross CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be knowledgeable of all Red Cross levels of swimming and be able to communicate them clearly with all swimming students.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at